Thursday, January 10, 2008

What I Know About: Handing it Over

By Jennifer Texada

Earlier this week, I was having a conversation. I was asked if I would "snap" if I saw my guy with another woman. I said no. To that I was told, that I was mistaken, that everyone has a breaking point, and if pressured enough everyone has the potential to do it. THEN! I was told that I have probably never been through anything devastating enough, to understand the feeling.

I have snapped before. Been so angry that I lashed out. I have let my emotions get the best of me, everyone has. I have just finally started to understand that I don't have to do all that.

Those days where people do things that hurt me will still come. I may indeed see my guy with another woman one day. But now, when I am faced with a burden so heavy that I am in danger of buckling under the pressure, or snapping under the strain, I have learned how to had that over to God. He is way stronger than me, and my little burdens will never cause him to snap.

Don't get me wrong it is not automatic. It takes, faith and strength to get to a place where you have the ability in those moments of strife to hand it over. But if your goal is to achieve peace and maintain happiness even through the storms it can be done

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A man is allowed to have more than one woman according to the bible. Another thing you might not know is that sex is the marriage according to the most high! www.isupk.org